Operating System

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Operating System

What operating system do you use the most? 3
        AmigaOS (0) 0%
        Android (0) 0%
        BSD (0) 0%
        Chrome (0) 0%
        DOS (0) 0%
        iOS (0) 0%
        IRIX (0) 0%
        Linux (1) 33%
        Mac OS (0) 0%
        Netware (0) 0%
        OS/2 (0) 0%
        QNX (blackberry) (0) 0%
        ReactOS (0) 0%
        Solaris (0) 0%
        Symbian (0) 0%
        Windows (2) 67%
        Other (0) 0%
      The average person uses a variety of operating systems. I switch between Android and Windows, but I mostly use Windows.

What operating system do you use the most?
    • A tip for windows users: If you have recently purchased a copy of Windows 10 or have purchased a new computer that has Windows 10 installed, any key from win7 or win8 will work to upgrade Windows 10 to the same version.

Explanation:
      • Windows 10 Home, can be upgraded to win10 Pro using a key from win7 or win8 Pro.
      • Windows 10 Home, can be upgraded to win10 Enterprise using a key from win7 or win8 Enterprise.
      • Windows 10 Pro, can be upgraded to win10 Enterprise using a key from win7 or win8 Enterprise.
      Enjoy!!! :3
    • After testing the Windows 10 upgrade suggestion above, I advise anyone who wants to try this...don't. Microsoft does not allow this kind of upgrade to their operating system. I used my purchased Windows 7 Ultimate DVD key to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. It worked for about two weeks, then I noticed a watermark in the bottom right side of the screen notifying me that Windows wasn't activated. Tried the Windows 7 Ultimate key again and it was rejected. I figured out that the only way to activate Windows again was to reinstall the operating system. I went online and purchased an original Windows 10 Pro key and reinstalled the OS. Not really a big deal, all my app settings were saved online and I never keep anything important on the same drive where Windows is installed.