New Logitech keyboard

• I've been using various forms of Logitech keyboards for about 15 years. Up until two years ago all of the keyboards that I have used, including the Microsoft ones from the 90s, have been mechanical with the standard raised keys. Mechanical keyboards are great with one exception, the noise. We have a two bedroom apartment and the one extra room is used for when our grown kids come to visit and want to stay the night. Which means I can't use it for a gaming/office set up. Luckily our bedroom is huge and can fit two desks along with the bed and wardrobe cabinets. My wife's biggest complaint about my late night gaming and typing has been the noise the keyboard and mouse make. So for several years I've been using a board with laptop style keys. I'm not really into the gaming keyboard/mouse scene, so I tend to buy ones that work well in an office environment as well as gaming. That doesn't mean I won't buy and use one designed specifically for gaming, as long as it is also practical for work too. An example of this, is the mouse I have been using for the last several years...a Logitech G500S gaming mouse. The clicks aren't silent, but it's the best mouse I've ever owned and I'm not willing to part with it yet. Stored away in my computer accessories cabinet I also have an older Logitech G15 gaming keyboard. I'll probably be tossing it into the trash. The loud clicking noise, non-illuminated keys and the size make it useless for what I am looking for in a keyboard.

The Keyboard I am using now is a Logitech K800 illuminated.

Up until about a month ago I have been satisfied with it. But recently the rechargeable battery has been unable to hold a charge as long as it used to. Which means after an hour of gaming, I have to plug it in while still playing. Also certain keys, such as the "w" and "enter" keys, will stop working altogether. When I turn the keyboard off and then on, the keys will respond again. This is obviously unacceptable, especially since the "w" is used for moving forward in gaming. This glitch in the middle of combat has caused me to die a couple of times already. I lost my patience with this mess and decided to order another keyboard. This time I was looking for a wired board. After browsing the net I found a Logitech keyboard with similar specs...the K740 illuminated. It costs around 70 Euros and it will arrive tomorrow.

CPU: Intel i5-4460 3.2 GHz * CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 * RAM: Crucial 2x 8 GB DDR3 * Motherboard: ASRock H97 Performance * Video Card: Sapphire RX 570 Nitro Plus 8 GB * Hard Drives: WD 1 TB SSD, 3x Seagate 1 TB * PSU: bequiet! 750 watt platinum * Case: bequiet! PureBase 600 * Speakers: Logitech Z-640 5.1 * Displays: 2x Eizo 19" and 1x Samsung 27" * Keyboard and Mouse: Logitech K740 and G500S * Headphones: Philips SHP8900