Windows Vista and BSODs

• I have an older gaming PC where I installed games that won't install in Windows 10 or work in a virtual machine. My first choice, for an operating system, was Windows XP, but I couldn't get a driver for an AMD Radeon HD 7790 to install. I tried various drivers from the net and the original one from the CD, but nothing worked. I gave up and eventually ended up installing Windows Vista 32 bit. All the drivers work without any problems.

One important thing I did forget about Windows Vista, is the instability of the operating system. After installation I get, on average, 2-3 BSODs a day. Now I remember the reason why I ditched Vista as soon as Windows 7 hit the shelves. The OS isn't perfect, but using Windows 7, I can't remember ever having a BSOD.

Anyway...the older games I wanted to play are installed and I haven't had any errors while playing. After installing Windows Vista, I also installed Windows 10 64 bit. Years ago I had several versions of Windows installed, but until now hadn't tried it with Windows 10. The boot loader (manager) in Windows 10 works well and looks pretty good too.

CPU: Intel i5-4460 3.2 GHz * CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 * RAM: Crucial 2x 8 GB DDR3 * Motherboard: ASRock H97 Performance * Video Card: Sapphire RX 570 Nitro Plus 8 GB * Hard Drives: WD 1 TB SSD, 3x Seagate 1 TB * PSU: bequiet! 750 watt platinum * Case: bequiet! PureBase 600 * Speakers: Logitech Z-640 5.1 * Displays: 2x Eizo 19" and 1x Samsung 27" * Keyboard and Mouse: Logitech K740 and G500S * Headphones: Philips SHP8900