PSU replacement

• Today, without warning, my computer shut down. After examining the external and internal cables, I came to the conclusion that it was the power supply. I purchased the PSU back in 2015 and it has a 5 year warranty. I really didn't want to wait a week or more to get a replacement, so I went to the local PC store and bought another PSU (Straight Power 11 750 watt Gold from bequiet!). Bequiet! is a German company. Their computer hardware as well as their customer service are really good. My case and CPU cooler are also from bequiet!.

When I get the replacement from the manufacturer, I'll just file it away as a backup.

Images

CPU: Intel i5 3.2 GHz * CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 * RAM: Crucial 2x 8 GB * Motherboard: ASRock H97 Performance * Video Card: Sapphire RX 570 Nitro Plus 8 GB * Hard Drives: Crucial 256 GB SSD, 3x Seagate 1 TB * PSU: be quiet! 750 watt gold * Case: be quiet! SilentBase 800 * Speakers: Logitech Z-640 5.1 * Displays: 2x Eizo 19" and 1x Samsung 27" * Keyboard and Mouse: Logitech K800 and G500S * Headphones: Philips SHP8900

• The replacement PSU came today. I'm a little surprised, because the power supply bequiet! sent me is a Dark Power Pro 750 watt Platinum. That PSU costs about 50 Euros more than the broken one and the one that I replaced it with. But, I won't swap out the new one I purchased a few weeks ago with the Dark Power Pro. It's tempting, but I'm good with the current one I have. For now, I'll save the replacement PSU that came today as a backup.

Images

CPU: Intel i5 3.2 GHz * CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 * RAM: Crucial 2x 8 GB * Motherboard: ASRock H97 Performance * Video Card: Sapphire RX 570 Nitro Plus 8 GB * Hard Drives: Crucial 256 GB SSD, 3x Seagate 1 TB * PSU: be quiet! 750 watt gold * Case: be quiet! SilentBase 800 * Speakers: Logitech Z-640 5.1 * Displays: 2x Eizo 19" and 1x Samsung 27" * Keyboard and Mouse: Logitech K800 and G500S * Headphones: Philips SHP8900