Bought a new cordless - Makita DF333D

• Besides tinkering with my PCs and such, I still have to do the odd job or repair around the apartment. Many of those tasks need a cordless drill/screwdriver. In the 90s I owned a Bosch, but I eventually traded it for a Zip Drive and some Zip disks...priorities.;) Later, I thought I would save some money and buy a no name 20 Euro cordless. This was a mistake, I ended up replacing the batteries about every two years. So, this week I finally bought a quality cordless, a Makita DF333D. Purchased it for 125 Euros including the Makita bit set. For those who don't know, Makita is an independent Japanese power tool company.

This thing has got some power! I love that each battery has a display indicating how much juice is left. No more guessing. The Makita charger charges the batteries in around 30 minutes. My old cordless took at least two hours to fully charge. The bit case is a little awkward though. If you are not careful you could easily break the smaller bits when pulling them out of their holders. Also, when you put them back in the case, you really have press down on them to get them into the holder.

CPU: Intel i5 3.2 GHz * CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 * RAM: Crucial 2x 8 GB * Motherboard: ASRock H97 Performance * Video Card: Sapphire RX 570 Nitro Plus 8 GB * Hard Drives: Crucial 256 GB SSD, 3x Seagate 1 TB * PSU: be quiet! 750 watt gold * Case: be quiet! SilentBase 800 * Speakers: Logitech Z-640 5.1 * Displays: 2x Eizo 19" and 1x Samsung 27" * Keyboard and Mouse: Logitech K800 and G500S * Headphones: Philips SHP8900