- GNU GPL
- Source Code and Text Editor
Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. It supports tabbed editing, which allows working with multiple open files in a single window. It features syntax highlighting, code folding and limited autocompletion for programming, scripting, and markup languages, but not intelligent code completion or syntax checking. As such it may properly highlight code written in a supported schema but whether the syntax is internally sound or compilable cannot be verified.
Notepad++ has features for consuming and creating cross-platform plain text files. It recognizes three newline representations (CR, CR+LF and LF) and can convert between them on the fly. In addition, it supports reinterpreting plain text files in various character encodings and can convert them to ASCII, UTF-8 or UCS-2.
Notepad++ also has features that improve plain text editing experience in general, such as:
- Finding and replacing strings of text with regular expressions
- Guided indentation
- Line bookmarking
- Simultaneous editing
- Split screen editing and synchronized scrolling
- Line operations, including sorting, case conversion (Uppercase, lowercase, camel case, sentence case), and removal of redundant whitespace
- Tabbed document interface
Version - Actual
- 0 Downloads