Language & platform support:
Aptana Studio 3 provides the following support for PHP application development:
- Syntax Coloring according to the selected theme in the preferences
- Code Assist
- Syntax error annotations
- Auto indentation and Code Formatting
- Hyper-linking to classes, functions and variables by hovering over elements and pressing the Ctrl key
- PHPDoc popups when hovering over items that have attached documentation
- Read and write Occurrences Markers when clicking on specific PHP elements
Aptana Studio supports Ruby on Rails development using RadRails, an open source plugin for the Ruby on Rails framework. This includes:
- Integrated Ruby on Rails shell console,
- Default-install and configuration of the Ruby interpreter, database and debugger,
- code completion with type inferencing,
- Type hierarchy view,
- Go to declaration,
- Call hierarchy,
- Full implementation of RDT (Eclipse's Ruby Development Tools project).
Aptana Studio provides support for Python in the form of the PyDev plugin. This provides the following advantages:
- Color syntax highlighting;
- Code completion;
- Code outlining;
- Refactoring tools
- Interactive console
- Unittest integration
- Integrated support for the CPython, Jython and IronPython interpreters.
- Aptana announced that their previously commercial Pydev Extensions are now open sourced.
Aptana IDE provides considerable support for Adobe AIR.
Nokia Web Runtime
The Nokia Web Runtime provides support for developing rich mobile apps for Nokia S60 series phones. This includes over 30 models and tens of millions of units in use around the world. The Nokia WRT Plug-in for Aptana Studio provides features that enable the creation, editing, testing and deployment of WRT widgets from within Aptana Studio.
WRT widgets are small, task-focused web applications that are installed and run in the same way as other S60 applications. WRT widgets allow websites or web services to be optimised for use on S60 devices. Because they are easy to develop and use, WRT widgets are ideal for driving traffic to a website from S60 devices.
- Adobe Spry
- Ext JS
- YUI Library
- Dojo toolkit
Code Assist is similar to completing code statements, by presenting a pop-up with either:
- the supported arguments for the function call being coded;
- the supported properties and methods on the desired object.
Support for uploading, downloading and synchronization using FTP and SFTP.